The “Grande Reserva” takes place only in exceptional years. After winemaking the lots are evaluated regularly during the barrel stage and after the final analysis of these is the decision to bottle under the brand “Grande Reserva”.
Vintages: 2004,2008 and 2009.
Varieties: Tinta Roriz, Touriga Franca and Touriga Nacional
Winemaking: Vinified with temperature control in stainless steel vats. A short maceration followed fermentation. The wine was matured for 20 months in new French oak barrels and bottled after a slight fining with egg whites.
Awards / Vintage 2004:
• Troféu Vinalies Vinalies Internationales 2007 – Best Red Wine in Competition
Awards / Vintage 2008:
• Challenge International du Vin 2012 – Bronze Medal
• Vinalies Internationales 2013 – Silver Medal
Awards / Vintage 2009:
• Vinalies Internationales 2017 – Gold Medal
• Challenge International du Vin 2016 – Gold Medal
• International Wine Challenge 2016 – Bronze Medal